3248 Elwood Drive ............ Racine, WI 53406
1996 Beneteau 461
- 4 cabin
Sold ... let us help you sort through the choices.
If you have been waiting for a 4 cabin (or even a 3 cabin ) boat for your larger family or group of friends, this is your chance.
The Farr Yacht designed 461 is a solid bluewater cruiser with impressive speed and a rig that is innovative and efficient. Strength and reliability have been built into every aspect. An incredibly spacious, bright and well-ventilated interior is complemented by beautiful traditional exterior lines.
She was awarded 1997 Boat of the Year Category: Full-Size Cruiser, Best Value by Cruising World Magazine.
The traditional interior features cherry stained interior finish, with a teak and holly composite cabin sole and wooden cabinet doors with ventilation louvers.. This is nicely set off with the dark blue cushions throughout the boat. All mattresses and cushions feature a high density foam with removable covers.
In this 4 cabin layout, there are two forward cabins. Each of the mirror image forward cabins feature a room double berth with storage beneath the berth, a large hanging locker in the aft outboard corner of the stateroom and a bench seat with plenty of floor space for dressing in privacy. There is a rail around the aft bulkhead and the centerline bulkhead that allows you to install the included third berth as a single bunk above the lower berth to allow this boat to sleep a total of 12 people.
Next aft is the salon, a roomy dining table surrounded by a wrap around settee to starboard, with a central bench seat midships, to allow you maximum dining and entertaining space. The table lowers to convert to a double berth if desired. All of the cushions have a dark blue upholstery in good condition. The central bench seat has a back
• Table convertible to sleeping berth, central bench seat with storage
• Storage cabinets on hull
• Hull sides lined with wood
• Wooden laminated companionway steps with non-skid stripping. Hinged with pneumatic lifting arms for access to engine room
• Maximum headroom 6'5"
• Storage cabinets along hull sides
• Sliding storage baskets plastic / S/S
• Double S/S sink
• Mixing tap for hot/cold pressurized fresh water
Frigoboat cold plate refrigeration
• Top loading freezer refrigerator
• S/S gimballed stove with protective S/S bar
• Trash can under counter
• Chart table with stowage
• Mounting panel for navigation instruments
• 1 piece molded fiberglass liner for water tightness
and easy cleaning
• Marine toilet & 15 gal holding tank
• Fiberglass wash hand basin, vanity cabinet, mirrors, S/S handrail, and toilet accessories
aft cabins CABIN VERSION
• (2) symmetrical cabins with double berths (6' 7" x 4' 9" / 3' 7")
• Shelves alongside hull
• Storage beneath berth
• Hanging locker
LOD .................... 45' 11"
LWL .................... 39' 1"
Beam .................... 13' 11"
Draft ...................... 5' 8"
Displ .......... 20,944 # approx.
Ballast ........ 7500 # approx.
Raymarine color 24 mile radar and chartplotter RL70C new in 2004, Raymarine BiData speed and depth, Raymarine Ray53 DSC VHF radio (new in 2004), Sonar DSM300 new in 2004, stereo with CD player (2 speakers in salon and 2 in cockpit), Triangle warning anchor ball, 8" brass bell, radar reflector, Colregs, Coast Pilot Great Lakes, Plastimo Offshore 135 6" compass at the helm.
Deck and Hull
• S/S pulpit with bi-color navigation light, S/S sternrail with life ring holder and flag staff holder, S/S stanchions with Double lifelines, lifeline gates on both sides, Teak handrails on coachroof, dorade vents with dorade vent guards, mast pulpit, teak toe rail cap
• Liferaft fixing points on coachroof
• (2) Genoa tracks (2m) with adjustable cars and plunger stops
• (2) Genoa foot blocks with jammers
• (2) 54 CSTO Lewmar primary genoa sheet winches, mounted on cockpit coaming near helmRoller furling genoa system, with drum installed above deckMainsheet track on coachroof with ball bearing traveller (controls led back to cockpit)
• (2) 44 CSTO Lewmar winches for mainsheet and halyards mounted on coachroofAll halyards and reefing lines led back to cockpit - genoa and main halyards may be jammed off and stowed at the mast
• (6) Spinlock clutch stoppers on coachroof
• (4) Folding pad eyes - 2 for foreguy, 2 for genneker sheets
• Self-bailing chain locker with ring bolt
• S/S stemhead with 2 rollers - extended on starboard side for the primary anchor
• (6) anodized aluminum mooring cleats
• Electric windlass with handheld remote.
• Cast iron bulb keel
Sails and Rigging
In • Keel stepped, anodized aluminum roller furling mast
• Double aft-swept spreaders
• Anodized aluminum boom
• Deck collar with pivoting blocks on port and starboard, 4 aft blocks have universal swivel
Mechanical & Electrical
• Self-bailing cockpit
• Manual bilge pump
• Electric bilge pump with automatic switch
• Ice box drained by pump
• Fresh water cockpit shower
• 200 gal fresh water capacity in 3 tanks
• Anodized aluminum water filler cap
• Hot/cold pressurized fresh water with accumulator tank
• 11 gal water heater
• Heads feature fiberglass wash hand basin with combination faucet and hand shower with shower hose and support
• One piece shower stall with drain and electric shower drain pump2 x 15 gal holding tanks
• Grounded rig
• Conduit for options - transom to chart table, mast to chart table, forward cabin to chart table, forward cabin to transom
• 12 volt control panel - 24 functions
• 12 volt socket at the chart table
• 110 volt control panel under chart table
• 110 volt outlets - (1) in each cabin, head, galley, salon and at chart table
• 110 volt shore power socket on transom
• Halogen overhead lighting in cabins, salon, galley
• Fluorescent tube lighting in galley
• Reading lights in each cabin
• Nav station light
• Independent switches for lights
• Cockpit light on cockpit table
• Courtesy light in companionway
• Bi-color nav light
• Stern light
• Combination deck and steaming light
• Anchor light
• Fuel capacity 53 gal aluminum tank
• 12 volt 70 amp alternator
• 40 amp battery charger
• 1 x 100 amp 12 volt - Engine battery
• 2 x 200 amp 12 volt - House battery
• 50 hp Yanmar 4JH2E diesel inboard engine with 4100 hours.
• Engine mounts integrated into hull liner
• Engine control panel integrated in port cockpit coaming
• Single lever engine control integrated into cockpit table
• 3 bladed fixed prop
• Engine compartment soundproofed with foam
• S/S prop shaft with composite epoxy/glass stern tube
This boat is a must see for anyone looking for a comfortable cruising boat.
Email for more pictures
...... inside and out !!